My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Quote of the Day

The quote of the day is from Leavenworth Church of the Nazarene where Sharlyn and I engaged in corporate worship.  Pastor John Vandel gave us this quote from Samuel Johnson,

"The person who waits to do a great deal of good at once will never do anything."

This is such a challenging idea to me because I have a tendency to want to "get it all done" no matter what it is that needs to be done.  The context was stewardship and sharing our wealth and resources.  His point was that if you're not giving God 10% now we won't give Him a 100% later.  God is concerned with our faithfulness with what we have right now.

To do what's in front of me right now... faithfulness in the moment.  It's a good challenge.




1 comment:

MoLak Jedi said...

I had a similar thought this weekend while watching Man on a Wire, which is the story of the man who walked on a wire between the World Trade Center buildings in 1974. It was a very interesting movie and the thing that stood out to me was the tremendous amount of training, planning, and luck needed for this feat to happen. If we are going to do amazing things we can't just wake up one day and decide to tight rope walk between the Twin Towers. We must move and work toward the great by accomplishing the mundane.