My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Prayer for a difficult person today.

Lord as we wander, run, hike, drive, stumble through this day stop us and remind us to thank you for three difficult people that we encounter. Three because it's a start and a goal we can reach... maybe.
Help us to thank you for them without their noticing, especially if they might have read this too. Three because it will be one for each of you... Father, Son, Holy Spirit.

Father, you have created this person before me and you love them with a depth beyond the love that I can feel for any human being... my children... my spouse... my best friend. You didn't make a mistake when you made this person; you made someone with whom you want to have fellowship and a friendship and who you hope will become an heir of your riches.

Lord Jesus, this is a person for whom you stepped out of glory... this is someone for whom you were willing at every turn and temptation to choose good rather than evil... this is a person for whom you weep when they weep and with whom you rejoice when they rejoice... this is a life for whose healing you paid by the whipping and scourging; the piercing and nailing; and whose sin was taken care of in the moment of the war cry... "IT IS FINISHED!"

Holy Spirit you are the comforter and I ask that you comfort this person who is making my life difficult today. There is probably a deeper hurt in their life than this moment they're having with me, and it might be something only you know, they might not even know it... give them comfort. And you are my teacher and comfort too... give me a spirit that doesn't need to feel offended; give me a heart to hear some truth being told to me, even if it's not being told to me well... and remind me that 80% of what you're teaching me today you're teaching me through the encounters I am having with other people; you're teaching me equally through pats on the back, and slaps in the face.

Remind me that I might be a difficult person for whom someone stops and thanks you today...
Father, Son, Holy Spirit
AMEN

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Timely, and most appropriate for me today. Thanks.

John J. Roberts said...

Thanks Heather... there are times when life just gets so crazy busy that people become an inconvenience... it is at those moments that I want to remember that people are what matter, and projects... well... there will always be an unfinished one on my desk or in my garage.