My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Salt and Light

Lord, Remind us today as we move through the theatre of our lives that you have called us to be salt and life.

You tell us that we are the salt of the earth; but if the salt becomes tasteless it isn't good for anything.
You tell us that we are the light of the world and we need to shine like a city on a hill.

As we walk through our day, confronted by difficult, unique, joyous, or complicated circumstances, help us to be just the right amount of salt...
Too much makes the food bitter... too little doesn't change anything.
For too many around us the world has become bitter or bland, make us just the right seasoning to bring a delightful flavor back into the lives we touch today.

As we walk through our day, being confronted by difficult, unique, joyous, or complicated circumstances, help us to be just the right amount of light...
Too much light is blinding and causes stumbling... too little light doesn't make any difference in the darkness.
Do not allow us to add to the darkness around us, or to cloak our light and be hidden...
Use us, as your torch, to light the way for others around us to see the path clearly so they may walk it.

You have shown us the way... may we experience your seasoning influence in our spirit today...
May we see your light today... and reflect it in a dark world desperate to see the light.
AMEN

6 comments:

Jen Medialdea said...

hi .. i'm jen from thehil and cam across your blog while searching for some photos to use for a speaking engagement i'll be havign with our Church Youth group.. I would like to borrow some of your thoughts as well. Thank you for the encouragement with your entry..Blessings in abundance to you and your family.

Jen Medialdea said...

Hi,
I came across your blog entry while i was searching for pictures for the speaking engagement i'll be having with our church youth group. I hope you wont mind me borrowing the wallpaper. Your are encouragement. Thank you and blessing in abundance to you and your family .

John J. Roberts said...

Hey Jen,

I can't imagine that you'll see this, since you made these comments more than a year ago. I have, as you can no doubt see, stopped blogging for awhile... not for any significant reason. In any case, I surely do hope that you used anything that you found helpful from my blog...

Peace,
John

Treasure Seeker said...

I am doing a project for a Christian Ministry Teaching class. I came across your blog and would love to be able to use your graphic of the salt and light in my project.
Permission please?
Thank you.
Dorinda Blann

Treasure Seeker said...

Hi
I came across your blog searching for pictures of salt and light.
Was wondering if i could have permission to use your salt/light pic w/ verse for a college project in Christian Teaching?

Much appreciation if I can.
Blessings
dBlann

John J. Roberts said...

Dorinda. I want to apologize for not responding to you sooner. I just haven't been much on my blog for a couple years, as I'm sure you have noticed. In any case, you're welcome to use any of my stuff. Probably too late for the project you were talking about. I hope that you just used it.
Peace, JJR