My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Make My Words Careful

I haven't heard the old childhood adage lately, but it still pops into my mind occasionally, you've heard it... "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me."

Nothing could be further from the truth... in fact bones heal, but the wounds made by words often never do. I have spoken with people who, in middle age, have never been able to let go of painful, hurtful words, spoken to them in childhood. It reminds me to be careful of my words, and to remember Paul's challenge in Ephesians.

"Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." (Ephesians 4:29 (NASB))

Remind me today that I have the opportunity with every conversation; to either build up or tear down...

Words are powerful to bring encouragement or despair... pain or healing... help or hurt...

Make me an instrument of truth and grace and peace through the words I speak...

Remind me often that I will be held accountable for every one that I speak...
Amen

No comments: