My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Remind Me of My Transience

How many days do I wake up in a rush!  Rush through the shower, rush through a few short conversations with the boys... maybe grump at them about a few random things, and rush into work so that I can rush through my days thinking that tomorrow I'm going to take things a little slower?

Its cliched, but true that tomorrow never comes.  So my days drive me, manage me, and exhaust me while I miss the things that I'd really like to, and ought to, do.  I hope that I can change this pattern, because my time around here is not without limit... my days are numbered; so are yours, whoever you are...

"LORD, make me to know my end And what is the extent of my days; Let me know how transient I am. "Behold, You have made my days as handbreadths, And my lifetime as nothing in Your sight; Surely every man at his best is a mere breath. Selah.

-Psalm 39:4,5(NASB)

Remind me today that my days are numbered...

My life in this world is transient; I am simply passing through and my days are not limitless.
I have this lifetime to do what matters...
I have this new year to do what matters...
I have this week, which is almost over, reminding me that there is beginning and ending...
I have this today to do what matters, and I really don't even know about tomorrow...
Strengthen me to lean into this day to do the things that matter most.

Give me the courage today to say no to the urgent so that I may focus on the important.

Give me the wisdom today to weight what comes before me and put aside pettiness and the mundane and embrace the adventure that today can be, in good or bad circumstances.
I want live fully, love fully, and see the true, the good, and the beautiful... and add to it.

For your glory...
Amen

No comments: