My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Prayer for Beginners: Chapter Two- Part VI

Prayer is Delightful

“There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and delightful than that of continual conversation with God. Those only can comprehend it who practice and experience (Brother Andrew – Letter 5).” No one who has ever tried it has given it a lesser rating than that. For even though our prayer-contact with God may be almost infinitely poor, the God we thus contact is infinitely rich! Therefore “we are to be pitied who content ourselves with so little. God has infinite treasure to bestow” (Letter 4).
Delight is a subjective reason for praying, but it’s a valid one. God accepts the more “selfish” and subjective and natural motive of our own delight and preace and joy and happiness as perfectly proper, for God appeals to this motive throughout scripture. He is not an elitist; he stoops to conquer. He stoops down even into the spiritual nursery and carefully watches over spiritual infants like us.

No comments: