My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

MLCC Student Ministry Community Devotional Challenge

Hey Guys (anyone else can join us also... but the MLCC student ministry group{Jr. High & Sr. High... I really love these guys} are reading scripture together apart from 6:20 - 6:40 AM each day for a week), here is the plan for the week.

Remember that Bonhoeffer said that part of community is sharing the morning together in worship, the word, and prayer. So we're going to be reading the same passages together from 6:20 -6:40 for the next week. Saturday and Sunday we'll just say it's going to be morning since I know some of you are lazy and won't get up early those days... wait... did I say lazy?

Please feel free... and in fact invited... to share through comments... on the reading for the day.

Thursday, September 25: Psalm 1; James 1
Friday, September 26: Psalm 2; James 2
Saturday, September 27: Psalm 3
Sunday, September 28: Psalm 4
Monday, September 29: Psalm 5; James 3
Tuesday, September 30: Psalm 6; James 4
Wednesday, October 1: Psalm 7, James 5

I love this plan... hope you can join us for the week!
John

No comments: