My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Prayer for Beginners: Chapter Two- Part IV

We should pray because God’s honor deserves it, in fact demands it.

"To put it most simply, God is God, the Absolute Reality, Infinite Perfection, more massively real than the universe itself and more worthy than all the ideals together ever conceived by all human minds. If God is not this, then God is not God. Thus, we should pray because prayer is the most realistic thing in the world to do. It is our acknowledgment of reality, our right response to reality, our honesty with reality."

If God is truly God, and truly there then He is interested in us, and our response to him is the least thing we can do. And if we really recognize him as the Absolute Reality it's something we will do.

When the prodigal returns to his father in the story that Jesus tells (Luke 15:11ff) he's not expecting much, but to be one of the servants. He knows that even being a servant on his father's farm is better than anything he's experiencing in the "distant country." What do suppose his deep response is to the sight of old father running down the road to meet him? Think he stopped and let the father come? I suppose that he was overwhelmed with a sense love and compassion from his father and couldn't wait to be in his embrace. He's running to us...

No comments: