My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Holy Week Readings, Wednesday, March 19, 2008

John 13:21-32, Isaiah 50:4-9a, Psalm 70.

Who will contend with Me? Let us stand up to each other; who has a case against Me? Let him draw near to Me. 9 Behold, the Lord GOD helps Me; Who is he who condemns Me? Behold, they will all wear out like a garment; The moth will eat them. Isaiah 50:8-9

It’s so easy for us to take up an offense. We are a people who offend living in a culture of offense. We have a “right” not to be mistreated. We should get what’s coming to us - the good stuff. I just finished listening to short argument between two of my sons about who should get the next orange… “You’ve already had two, you shouldn’t get another one!” “It’s not fair!”

Jesus simply didn’t spend any time, or so it seems, worrying about getting “His due.” He never got his “due” which would have been reward and honor because by anyone’s account he was a great man who put others ahead of himself. The prophesy of Him says, “I gave my back to those who strike me, my cheek to those who pluck out my beard; I didn’t cover my face from humiliation and spitting… because God helps me.”

I wonder how I can keep this ever before my eyes when I’m not getting my way… or feeling particularly appreciated. Where were His “rights” in the beating… the plucking… the spitting? Who have we become?

No comments: