My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Holy Week Readings, Tuesday, March 18, 2008

John 12:20-36, Isaiah 49:1-7, Psalm 71:1-14.

“The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.” (Jn 12:23) “You are my servant, Israel, in Whom I will show my glory.” (Is. 49:3)

The glory of which Jesus speaks and of which Isaiah prophesied is a strange sort of glory indeed. Jesus, to be sure, is speaking of the crucifixion… it’s coming. He will be glorified. He’ll soon be wearing a crown… made of thorns; He’ll soon be wearing a royal robe… of mockery; He’ll soon bear a scepter… applied repeatedly to his back; He’ll soon be lifted up on a throne… made of rough sawn wood; He’ll soon be lifted up and spread His arms wide before His people… and be pinned by crude nails in that position.

2 comments:

Larry B. said...

John,
I am catching up since I forgot to read Monday's reading on Monday. I am impressed with Monday's Psalm as it describes "the children of the Lord drinking in their fill of the abundance of His house." It is our place of refuge and delights. Yet I so often miss these blessings because I am living on the fence between faith/obedience and serving myself. It is amazing what I miss by trying to serve myself rather than God.

John J. Roberts said...

Amen, and Amen! I like that statement... "living on the fence between faith/obedience and serving myself. I think at times we are so afraid that if we take the step of faith/obedience that we'll miss what we want to have for ourselves... and so we take care of ourselves and miss the bigger blessing that God has for us... and had for us all along. We're like children who just can't see that far ahead... not far enough ahead to wait for the bigger reward by letting the small pleasure go past.