My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Friday, March 21, 2008

Holy Week Readings, Friday, March 21, 2008

John 18:1 – 19:42, Isaiah 52:13-53:12, Psalm 22

"My God, my God, why have You forsaken me? Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning. O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer; And by night, but I have no rest... I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me. My strength is dried up like a potsherd, And my tongue cleaves to my jaws; And You lay me in the dust of death..." (Psalm 22)

The cry of the Christ is so very often our cry, perhaps not with the same intensity of anguish, but with the same sense of lonliness. It seems that suffering is a lonely business. Even when we walk through it with someone we love, at the deepest points of suffering we are by our self with our questions... My God! Why have you forsaken me? Where are you? Food is like gravel in my mouth, I lay awake anxious at night and fret during the day... what is the answer? Where have you gone? Why have you left me in this dark night of the soul?

And yet within the anguish of the Christ, and our own... there is something calling from deep to deep... from the pits of our souls, out of the pits of our hell, to the reality of our God who is enthroned and able to save... even when we aren't relieved of our suffering. How many stories in scripture and our life experience does God enter into? How many times does he come and fill us with his peace, and comfort... in the midst of suffering... how many times does he bring from the crosses that we bear a new life and vitality? He hasn't left us to write our story alone...

Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel. In You our fathers trusted; They trusted and You delivered them.But You, O LORD, be not far off; O You my help, hasten to my assistance. (Psalm 22)

No comments: