My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Friday, January 25, 2008

Time: Some practical advice

I've been reading this new book by Kreeft and have enjoyed it very much. The subtitle is, "Letters to our Children about What Really Matters." It's been great, and each snippet of information is no longer than two pages... it's actually a bit annoying because it's very hard to put down. You think, "Well, just one more... just one more... just one more... just one more.
The idea is little bits of wisdom and advice that Kreeft would really like to pass on to his children. I read one the other night that struck me... I know the truth of it, but I need to be reminded regulary. It's from page 36 and the title is "What to do with Time: Some Practical Advice." Here is the text:
"Amazing how a simple thing like time management can make such a big difference to everything in life. Amazing how a simple, obvious rule can make such a big difference to time management. The rule: Work first, then play. That way the work will be done well, unhurried, and without deadlines and time pressures. And the play will be guilt-free and worry-free because your work is done. You know you deserve to play now, so you will enjoy it more. Otherwise, if you play first and then work, the play is full of worry and the work is full of hurry."
-PKreeft
I think that most of us know this truth, and few of us live by it!

No comments: