My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

"The Bucket List"

Just saw the movie, The Bucket List, it was an awesome movie. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, two great actors, and a great story. One of those movies that makes you laugh 'till you cry at one moment... and just cry the next. You've probably seen something about it, but if not the essential story line is two old guys who have cancer making "a bucket list." All the things they wanted to do before they "kicked the bucket."

Sharlyn and I saw this with two other couples, and everyone loved the movie, still talking about it a couple of days later. A movie that isn't, strictly speaking, profound. There's nothing really new, but a nice way of telling old truths. There isn't any nudity that I can remember, though there is some sexual talk and innuendo, but not enough to detract from the movie. Of course there is some language... Jack Nicholson... but again, not overwhelming.

You gotta check out this film.
JJR

1 comment:

living wanderlustfully said...

Hey John! Excited to see you had a blog! I look forward to reading it. :) I haven't heard of that movie...but then again...I am in Romania, after all. :)