My Stuff

My photo
Moses Lake, Washington, United States
I was born in Croix Chapeau France in 1963. My dad was there serving in the Military. I was able to go visit the town in which I was born a few years back... it was a delightful journey. Happily married... three wonderful and energetic boys: Jonathan, Joshua, Noah. I find them more interesting and fun, the older they get. I really don't understand parents who don't want to be around their children. I have a BA in Theology/Preaching from Puget Sound Christian College (which no longer exists, but from which I got some good stuff {thanks Dr. Ford - RIP})and an MA in Apologetics from Biola University.

Saturday, August 16, 2008

To "anonymous":

Sorry you didn't see my response... it came fairly soon after yours... it's in the comment thread of "Movie Flash." To be honest, I'd prefer you not comment as "anonymous." Though I thought your comment was good, and thoughtful, so I published it. I think openness is best, not sure why you keep your identity secret, unless perhaps that's just your policy with regard to Internet stuff, which I would respect. If you know me, though, don't hesitate to jump in the conversation. If I was trying to hide a topic I certainly wouldn't be publishing about it on my blog. I know people have different ways of approaching issues - as Molak Jedi suggested in saying Angelina Jolie movies are off limits to him. I think it's best in conversation that we know each other.

That said, I just wanted to let you know that my comment on your first comment was in the thread a few days after yours... and it's still there. Go to movie flash comments and follow the thread down.

4 comments:

MoLak Jedi said...

John,
I think there's a way to turn off anonymous posts in the control panel of your 'blog. I think you can also require e-mail and/or home page. There's an option to keep the e-mail unpublished.

John J. Roberts said...

Hey Chris,

Yeah, I have mine setup so that I get comments and then choose to or not to publish. I thought the comment was worth thinking about so I decided "to"... sure think open conversation is better.

MoLak Jedi said...

Agreed. But what I'm talking about is different than the comment moderation option. You can actually set your comments up so that people can't leave anonymous comments because Blogger requires them to leave some sort of identification.

John J. Roberts said...

yeah...I see that now. That's a helpful suggestion.

Thanks, JJR